Providence Health Care Practical Knowledge Translation
The Providence Health Care Practical Knowledge Translation (formerly PHC Knowledge Translation Community of Practice) welcomes researchers, clinicians and other PHC staff members who want to learn with their colleagues about creative and effective ways to improve patient health through sharing best practices and using research evidence.
Practical Knowledge Translation is organized by Aggie Black, Director, Health Services & Clinical Research and Knowledge Translation; Emily Zamora, Clinical Resource Dietitian; Anna Nguyen, Education Research Practice Coordinator for OT; Karen Tugwell, Education Research Practice Coordinator for PT; Jenny Hyman, Education Research Practice Coordinator for social work; and Angela Lee, Nurse Educator, Professional Practice.
Want to attend PKT meetings? Join us in person or via Zoom – all are welcome! Practical Knowledge Translation will organize learning sessions three times per year.
Note: Practical Knowledge Translation builds on the work of the PHC KT CoP, which existed from 2015 until 2020, and brought knowledge translation resources to health research and clinical care professionals across disciplines.
PKT SESSION: Best Practices in Documentation: Using Cerner to support patient care and meet professional standards for documentation
- May 27, 2022: 11.30-12.30
- May 27, 2022: MEETING RECORDING and QUESTIONS from KT SESSION MAY 27, 2022
Caring for Patients/Residents with Substance Use Disorders
- September 16, 2022 11:30 - 12:30
Zoom details to be posted when available.
For more details, contact:
Aggie Black, Director, Health Services & Clinical Research and KT
Previous Meeting Notes
All meeting notes are available for download by clicking on the meeting date.
- February 24, 2020; watch a recording of the session here.
- September 17, 2019
- June 11, 2019; watch a recording of the session here.
- March 12, 2019; watch a recording of the presentation here.
- September 11, 2018
- March 14, 2018
- December 7, 2017; watch the webinar recording here.
- September 12, 2017
- Supplementary material for download: Plain Language Summaries: Lessons Learned from the Making Research Accessible Initiative (MRAi)
- June 15, 2017; watch the webinar recording here.
- March 7, 2017
- December 6, 2016
- September 8, 2016
- June 16, 2016
- March 8, 2016
- December 10, 2015