Internal Awards and Funding
PHC Research and Mission Award
The annual PHC Research and Mission Award recognizes a scientist in our organization who demonstrates the mission and values of Providence Health Care while conducting outstanding research.
This award includes a plaque and $2000 to help the recipient attend an international conference of their choice.
Nomination Deadline: March 13, 2020
PHC Practice-based Research Challenge
The PHC Practice-based Research Challenge is an annual competition open to point-of-care PHC staff. The Research Challenge offers research teams the opportunity to work with a mentor to develop a research proposal around a research question. They will learn basic research skills and compete with other teams for funding to conduct a small-scale research project.
For more information, download the following documents or contact Aggie Black (Director, Health Services & Clinical and Knowledge Translation).
- Research Challenge 2020 Announcement
- Research Challenge 2020 Guidelines, FAQs and Overview - coming soon
- Research Challenge 2020 Letter of Intent (Short Application Form) - coming soon
The deadline to submit LOIs is February 12, 2020. Full proposals are due June 15, 2020.
Visit the PHC Professional Practice website for more information.
VCH/PHC Team Grant
The Team Grant competition supports practice-based research projects and builds health research capacity. Projects for this competition are directly relevant to current health care issues within Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) and Providence Health Care (PHC) and based on the collaboration between health care providers and experienced researchers.
- Registration deadline (online): Friday November 6, 2020 by 4PM (PST)
- Register here: https://www.vchri.ca/team-grant-registration-form
- Patient-Oriented Research (POR) Workshop (recommended): Thursday November 19, 2020
- Grant Development workshop (recommended): Thursday December 3, 2020 11am-2pm
- Register here: www.vchri.ca/team-grant-grants-crafting-guidance
- Application submission deadline (by email): Monday February 1, 2021 by 4PM (PST)
VCH/PHC Innovation and Translational Research Awards
The intent of this competition is to fund innovative research that will:
- have impact on patient care at VCH and/or PHC
- provide savings for the health system at VCH and/or PHC
- create medical device and/or commercial opportunities from pre-existing research outcomes
- one joint award will be designated for a joint PHC and VCH health care professionals and/or researchers proposal
PLEASE NOTE: FOR PHC APPLICANTS, ONLY PROJECTS IN COLLABORATION WITH VCH ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS AWARD
Registration is mandatory for this competition.
- Mandatory Letter of Intent Deadline: Monday, October 26, 2020 by 4:00 pm (PST)
- Online submission: Letter of Intent
- Grant Development 1-on-1 20 minute sessions (recommended): Thursday November 26, 2020 from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Online sign-up here
- Application submission deadline: Monday, January 18, 2021 by 4:00 pm (PST)
- Online submission: Full Application
Completed letter of intent and application must be received via the online submission link by the times specified or they will not be accepted.
VCH/PHC Knowledge Translation Challenge
Knowledge Translation is the art and science of moving evidence into health care policy and practice.
Have you identified a need for practice improvement? Your knowledge translation (KT) project will help you integrate evidence into best practices.
The PHC and VCH Knowledge Translation Challenge will:
- Support staff who do not have knowledge translation experience
- Help design your own KT project
- Provide easy access to KT resources, mentorship and funding
- Letter of Intent (LOI) due: October 22, 2020 at 4PM (PST)
- Full application due: April 22, 2021 at 4PM (PST)