You are here
Genome BC Data Literacy Series - Indigenous Data Governance
DateThursday, January 12, 2023 - 09:30
Genome BC is thrilled to present their ongoing series on Data Literacy. This series aims to bring national and international experts together to help deepen our understanding of different data related initiatives, standards, and resources.
The next webinar in the series will be on January 12th and will focus on Indigenous Data Governance.
What you'll learn in this session:
- What the First Nations Principles of ownership, control, access, and possession (OCAP®) are
- Key concepts of Indigenous data sovereignty, data governance, and data management
- How OCAP supports strong information governance on the path to First Nations data sovereignty
- How to think about personal rights vs. collective rights when considering Indigenous Peoples and population data
- What the term "distinctions-based relationships" means in a research environment
Registration and additional information about the event can be found here.