You are here
Research and Privacy event
DateWednesday, September 19, 2018 - 10:00 to 11:00
LocationHurlburt Auditorium, St. Paul’s Hospital
Join Janet Scott from Providence Health Care’s Privacy Office for a conversation about RESEARCH and PRIVACY.
Topics will include:
- Research and FIPPA/PIPA
- Is PRIVACY the same as CONFIDENTIALITY?
- Can you define the many data terms?
- Personal Information vs Personal Identifiable Information
- Direct vs Indirect Identifiers
- Anonymized vs De-Identified
- Doing Research at PHC and VCH
- New Terms & Conditions/Confidentiality Undertaking
- Reasonable Safeguards
- Do you know where all your data is? Is it secure?
- Do you know the options to securely share/transfer data?
- Privacy breaches…they happen!
- Would you recognize a privacy breach?
- Would you know what to do and how to report it?
RSVP to Kelly: Kelly.Ceron@hli.ubc.ca
Download the event poster.