You are here
PHCRI Pilot Project to expand UBC Library Services
Providence Health Care Research Institute (PHCRI) is currently running a pilot project to expand UBC Library services for PHC staff located away from St. Paul’s Hospital who do not have access to library services and would like to use the library’s resources.
PHCRI will fund a library access card for a 4-month period. This allows for the borrowing of books, ordering print materials from UBC Library (Document Delivery) and accessing selected licensed resources while in a UBC Library. More information on resources & services can be found here.
Please Note: As pilot funding is limited, the library card will be granted on a first-come, first-served basis. Each applicant will be given one non-transferable library access card. Document delivery and interlibrary loan fees will be covered by PHCRI (limits apply).
All PHC staff located away from St. Paul’s Hospital and Hornby site are welcome to apply. If you fall under any one of the following categories, you already have access to UBC library services:
- UBC staff, student or faculty;http://services.library.ubc.ca/borrowing/library-cards/
- Own a UBC faculty authorization card;http://services.library.ubc. ca/files/2011/09/facauthform.pdf
- PHC staff located at St. Paul’s Hospital / Hornby site - apply for hospital staff card at SPH Library
- UBC alumni; http://services.library.ubc.ca/borrowing/library-cards/alumni/
- Currently a student, staff, or faculty at participating BC or Canadian post-secondary institutions;http://services.library.ubc.ca/borrowing/reciprocal-borrowing/visiting-ubc/
- physician on locum
Click here to view poster.
To request an application form or for more information on this pilot, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-806-9464.